Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Christmas decor need not cost a fortune. This is how to make a cotton ball garland, for your mantel or Christmas tree.
Last Christmas I realized that the garland I used for previous Christmases clashed terribly with my current decor. Not one to discourage quickly, I searched my craft stash for an option. Surprisingly, I wasn’t inspired by any of these items. Then I remembered that I had just purchased extra large cotton balls. I gathered my materials and got to work. I thought that you might want to know how to make a cotton ball garland.
This garland takes literally just a few minutes to complete!
Have you priced Christmas garlands recently? I was shocked to discover that a simple store-bought garland was $21.00! No way am I paying that price. Maybe the price reflects the shortages and shipping issues that we all seem to be suffering from. Personally, many items that I have ordered for Christmas are on delayed delivery. Have you had any shipping problems?
Anyway, I wanted to share how easy it is to make one for Christmas decor. The best part is that you can make it any size that you want and as full as you want.
Materials needed to make a cotton ball garland
- Extra large cotton balls
- White, thick bakers twine, 6 count embroidery floss or thick thread
- Large needle
How to make a cotton ball garland
- Measure the thread to the desired length and knot on one end
- Thread the needle
- Insert needle through the center of a cotton ball
- Roll the cotton ball in your hound for a rounder shape
- Slide the cotton ball down the thread
- Repeat, until you are pleased with the look of your garland
- Knot the second end of the thread
- Space cotton balls evenly
- *Option – don’t leave any gaps for a full garland
Other quick and easy Christmas decor ideas
- Personalized Christmas Ornaments
- DIY Waterless Snow Globes
- Christmas Cloche Centerpiece Ideas
- 30 DIY Christmas Ideas
- How to Make a Pom Pom Garland