Master Bedroom Closet Reveal – One Room Challenge

We can’t believe the day is finally here. We are dying to show you what we have been up to these past 6 weeks! There has been a lot of blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into this One Room Challenge™ DIY project and we are absolutely thrilled with how it has all turned out. We did all of the work 100% on our own, which makes what we’ve accomplished feel even more rewarding.

We also needed to do this closet on a budget, which we had set at $500.00. We may have gone over this slightly, but we did get some really cute accessories that we just couldn’t pass up. All in all we spent about $575.00 to completely re-do our closet and it was totally worth it.

As a reminder, here is what we were initially working with…scary, we know!

IMG_1822

Our 1901 Victorian home had no master bedroom closet. We tried to use portable wardrobe racks but this soon proved to be an impractical and frustrating solution. We came up with the design idea of converting a former porch area into the master bedroom closet. This space was a pass through to the laundry room.

This was our mood board of things we were hoping to incorporate into the space and I’m happy to say that we were able to add a lot of what we were hoping to do.

c600x503

In the 6 week time frame, we were able to accomplish the following:

• Replace the floor
  • Paint accent wall
  • Create closet system with industrial copper pipes
  • Create shelf
  • Paint dresser and hardware
  • Paint 2 bookshelves
  • Make curtains
  • Create curtain rod with copper pipe
  • Create 2 light fixtures
  • Create a cohesive look with accessories with cooper paint

When it is all said and done, here is what the new closet looks like…eek!

Master Bedroom Closet Reveal - One Room Challenge

Our industrial chic master bedroom closet is done and we love it!!! Thank you so much for sharing the journey with us. It was a lot of hard work, but it definitely paid off in the end. If you haven’t see our progress each week, click on the links below to see more detail on what we’ve accomplished.

Week 1 / Week 2/Week 3/Week 4/Week 5

Be sure to visit Calling it Home to see so many other amazing One Room Challenge™ reveals. Also, be sure to come back and visit us as we will be sharing more details about how we created our closet on a budget…from painting furniture to creating light fixtures.

XO-Jenn and Vicki

Don’t forget to Pin this to your fave Pinterest board:

Master Bedroom Closet - One Room Challenge Reveal

Sharing with: Refresh Restyle  Worthing Court Savvy Southern Style Pocketful of Posies

Comments

1. says

Gorgeous job ladies! I knew it would be beautiful! Those curtains are so stunning! I love them! I’m wishing I had that dresser in my life right about now too! It’s perfect! Enjoy the new closet!

2. says

Seriously a stunning transformation! I can’t get over how gorgeous this space is. Love your copper accents mixed with the white foundation pieces and use of that moody wall color – simply amazing! Big hugs, I’m so proud we made it to the finish line, CoCo
    coco recently posted…One Room Challenge Office Makeover RevealMy Profile

3. Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com says

What a gorgeous closet, ladies! It is stunning! Your accessories are beautiful and love the gold touches! Hope you have a very relaxing weekend ladies! xox

4. says

Love the continuity of the mixed metals/copper accents throughout the space. The white dressers and shelves really stand out against the navy wall too!

5. says

YOU GUYS!! It’s fantastic!!! I think my favorite parts are the curtain fabric and the light fixture!! It’s such a dream :) Congrats!!

6. says

This reveal of your master bedroom is totally Chic, I love the touches of Gold, Its my favorite part! I love old Victorian Homes and yours has so much character. Thats amazing how you created the master bedroom by going through the laundry room. Very smart!
    Maria
    maria/simple nature decor recently posted…ONE ROOM CHALLENGE:BIG REVEALMy Profile

7. says

WOWZA! love all the gorgeous details ladies! I just finished my Master Closet too (not for the ORC though), and I know how to tough it is to organize and compartmentalize beautifully!Congrats and CHEERS to us for another room done!

8. says

SOOOOOO Good! THIS is a true makeover!! :) Can you believe you ever lived withOUT this closet?! The Xbench… the hooks… the floor. All amazing!

9. says

Jenn and Vicki…holy cow! Those light fixtures?! The copper rods?! You two killed it! I do think that the light fixtures are my favorite…going to go back in time to see how you did those. Well done ladies and looking forward to seeing you in October.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Lynn

10. says

Beautiful job, ladies! The closet is ddreamy and love all the accessories. That key sphere is so cool! I’m sure getting dressed will be a whole lot more enjoyable now.
    Sharon recently posted…Guest Room SourcesMy Profile

11. says

Ahhh, I’ve been waiting to see this room reveal, and you guys, this closet is gorgeous!!! I can’t get enough of the copper with the navy and those curtains are so perfect. I am in love with those light fixtures ad your dresser, too. I might actually enjoy picking out my clothes for the day in this closet!! Beautiful job!
    Jenny @ Refresh Living recently posted…Vintage Farmhouse Master BedroomMy Profile

12. says

This is beautiful! I love everything about especially that light fixture. Your hard work surely paid off and now you can enjoy your new beautifully organized closet.

13. Bambi Mullinax says

I’m a bit late to the party with my comments, but I couldn’t pass on letting you know how amazing this closet makeover is. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity. You’ve introduced me to to so many things that I just didn’t know were out there, such as the coppery shelf covering and the wood-look vinyl flooring. Such great elements for a very chic space. I’m always impressed and never disappointed with your creative projects, Girls!
    Love ya,
    Bambi

• says

Dearest Bambi – You will never know what your kind comments and constant cheerleading means to the two of us! We are so happy that you approve of the new closet. It was definitely challenging at times, but the end result was well worth it. We know first hand that you are very creative and have an eye for design style and detail. We may need to come down and take another peek :)
      2 Bees in a Pod recently posted…Master Bedroom Closet Reveal – One Room ChallengeMy Profile

14. says

Great job on your master closet transformation. Love the curtains as well as all the little details that truly define the space. Well done!