Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Hey y’all…so glad you are here! We have each had some trials and tribulations this month. We always tell you the truth – no matter what. To say that we need a bit of encouragement would be an understatement. This is a tad painful and embarrassing but it is real and honest for weight loss update #2.
Today’s update feels like pulling off a band aid…in slow motion.
This has been a rough month for me. I got out of my routine and I practically let it derail the entire month. Let me get the excuses out of the way…
- It rained every single day of the month sans one. Not kidding. No sunshine. Because of our crumby weather, I lost control of my outdoor walking routine.
- I was sick for a few days. During this period I didn’t eat breakfast and I was eating dinner late at night, going to bed on a full stomach.
- I was very stressed out with commitments and deadlines. I fell into my old pattern of not eating regular meals and snacks…and reaching for not-so-good-for-me food. Okay, okay – it’s called “comfort food” for a reason!
I could go on-and-on with the excuses but it doesn’t serve me well to wallow in self pity. You get the gist with these basic highlights.
Recognizing what I should have done…
- I could have easily worked out inside the house. I’ve actually been doing that in the past…dancing, walking DVD and Netflix exercise programs.
- Pay more attention to my overall health and have better eating habits, especially when feeling under the weather.
- Knowing that stress triggers my bad habits and to be better prepared. I had healthy food in the house, but for the sake of “saving time” I grabbed whatever was available in the pantry and made me feel good in that moment. As we all know moments are fleeting.
- I lost one pound for the month and I am happy with that. This journey for me is all about self discovery and I learned a lot this month. This spells success for me.
- I didn’t let this setback totally derail my entire month and my previous success. I recognized just past the midway point that I needed to get back on the healthy train.
- I am not a number – I am a person. BUT the number is important because it is my gauge that lets me know if I am on track or not.
- Always be mindful of my health.
Whereas mom was able to find some successes, I am in a capital R.U.T! I have literally done nothing this past month to live a healthier lifestyle and yes, I am slightly beating myself up over it. In a month I could have been eating healthier, exercising, and feeling better about myself. Instead, I did not watch what I ate, maybe exercised twice, and you guessed it, I feel like crap. I have low energy and feel bloated all the time…not really helping my self esteem all that much haha.
And to be honest, it’s not all about the number, but instead about feeling better. When I’m on track and eating clean foods that fuel my body, I have so much more energy. I hate feeling so sluggish, but it is just a vicious cycle.
My excuse is that I have been travelling quite a bit for work and on these trips I eat a lot of rich foods, but no one is forcing me to order dessert every night or eat a million scones a day 🙂
For myself, I know that once I get into a routine, I can stick with it. The hard part is not completely derailing off course if I get off track one day. If I meal plan each week, I am in great shape. As for the exercising, I know for myself I have to get it done before work. I can wake up the extra 30 minutes and get moving. I’ve done it before and when I accomplish this, I feel proud of myself.
This quote really resonated with me. I am my biggest competition and my own worst enemy. I let myself stand in my own way from making better choices. I need to get in the habit of asking myself before I put anything in my mouth, “Is this going to fuel my body or hurt my body?” Now there are times where I may need that ice cream cone and that’s okay. But right now I’ve been “needing” that ice cream cone everyday, which is more like a triple scoop cone instead of a single.
But in the words of Scarlett O’Hara, “After all, tomorrow is another day,” and I am lucky that I can start fresh and make better decisions going forward. When it comes time for our update next month, I will have done better.
We have spoken from our hearts today in the hope of helping someone else that may be struggling. We love the personal notes that you have sent us…sharing your own health journeys and struggles. Keep the notes coming! We also appreciate your words of encouragement – it means so much to us. Feel free to share your own updates with us as well. As we have said before, we are not health professionals. We are just two people in search of a better healthy lifestyle. Hugs to you all!
XO~Vicki and Jenn