Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Simple Summer Vignette Ideas for your home.
One of the first things that I like to do when a new season approaches, is change just a few things in my home decor. Here are simple summer vignette ideas for your home.
First Things First – what is a vignette?
A vignette is a small, pleasing picture formed by grouping several objects.
Several years ago I attended a design class while living in North Carolina. In that class we learned about vignettes and groupings. We were taught that for a successful vignette you needed a flat object, a shiny object, a colorful object, texture and varying heights. Also, the vignette should have an odd number of items. Remember, this is just a general rule. Your vignettes should represent you and your style.
By the way, my bestie, Bambi, created these painted beads for my birthday!
Last year I crafted these decoupaged oyster shells. They will be perfect in vignettes.
Framed printables add instant color and interest. You can even frame a pretty card or a piece of scrapbook paper.
Put it on a tray
Displaying items on a tray in a quick vignette. They also make for easy cleaning – just move the tray off the table for dusting, then place it back.
Plants and books are perfect for summer vignettes. They add color, texture and height.
Glass is one of my favorite things to decorate with, especially colored glass.
It comes in a variety of colors, and varying sizes. Plus the fact that it is either free or very inexpensive.
These vignettes took mere minutes to put together. Looking for ideas?
Simple Summer Vignette Ideas:
- Shape: Vary the height of objects.
- Color combinations: If objects are all the same color, vary the shapes and heights.
- Vintage: A grouping of objects from your favorite vintage period can be charming. Cameras, candlesticks, globes.
- Theme: Beach themes, nature themes, vacation, sports, movies, and more.
- Textures: Group objects of the same or textures. Baskets. Pottery. Shells.
- Collections: Watch your scale and size. If you have too many small objects – it looks cluttered.
Don’t forget to Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board!