Simple Summer Vignette
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Simple Summer Vignette for the table.
As we continue to add elements of summer into our homes, tabletop vignettes are our favorite way to add seasonal decor. Vignettes also offer you a chance to showcase your personality. Here’s how I put together a simple summer vignette.
First things First
What is a vignette?
A vignette is a small, pleasing picture formed by grouping several objects.
Several years ago I attended a design class while living in North Carolina. In that class we learned about vignettes and groupings. We were taught that for a successful vignette you needed a flat object, a shiny object, a colorful object, texture and varying heights. Also, the vignette should have an odd number of items.
My vignette gives a simple nod to summer with a starfish placed on top of my favorite coffee table books. The weathered wood book cover, Shades of White, is reminiscent of driftwood.
An aqua bottle is perfect as a vase.
Color of the ocean
The color of the glass reminds me of the ocean and sea glass.
As the weather has gotten hotter, my hydrangeas have turned from a beautiful blue color to this lovely purple hue. It’s funny how nature and sunshine can alter the color of a bloom.
As you know, I love grouping vignettes inside of a tray. It makes for easier cleaning when everything is corralled together. Simply lift the tray and wipe the dust away.
The starfish is the perfect reminder of a wonderful beach vacation. I feel this vignette is summery without screaming BEACH.
Lets break it down
- The books are flat and offer color
- Starfish offers texture
- Hydrangeas provide texture and color
- Aqua bottle is shiny while offering color and height
- Odd number of objects
This vignette took mere minutes to put together. Looking for ideas?
Simple Summer Vignette Ideas:
- Shape: Vary the height of objects.
- Color combinations: If objects are all the same color, vary the shapes and heights.
- Vintage: A grouping of objects from your favorite vintage period can be charming. Cameras, candlesticks, globes.
- Theme: Beach themes, nature themes, vacation, sports, movies, and more.
- Textures: Group objects of the same or textures. Baskets. Pottery. Shells.
- Collections: Watch your scale and size. If you have too many small objects – it looks cluttered.
We would love to see what you’re up to. Send us some pics!
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board!
Love, love, love the simple and easy way you guys broke this down. I always love putting vignettes together and now I can’t wait to put this fool proof method to work. Thanks so much! Hugs, CoCo