Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Cute and easy to make felt heart Valentine sachets.
Looking back over the past couple of years, I realized that I haven’t made anything new to celebrate Valentines Day. Digging through my fabric stash, I found some lovely felt pieces. The idea for felt heart Valentine sachets was born.
Felt is a fun and forgiving fabric. It comes in array of colors and is very inexpensive. This truly is an easy project! Feel free to alter the steps to your own creative abilities. You can hand-sew, machine-sew or hot glue your Valentine masterpiece.
- Felt for Heart – 8″ x 4″ (I chose charcoal gray)
- Alternate colors of felt for roses (I used red, pink and cream)
- Pinking shears
- Embroidery Floss and needle
- Lavender Essential Oil or Dried Lavender (if you want it to be a sachet)
- Ribbon – 14″
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Pattern for Felt and Fabric Hearts
- *Optional – Fabric for center of heart – 3″ x 3″
- Cut heart shapes – Pattern below
- Trace large heart onto felt
- Use pinking shears to cut multiple hearts
- Cut ribbon
- Loop and hot glue on the inside of one cutout
- Cut a 2″ circle in three felt colors.
- See this tutorial for how to make the felt roses
- Hot glue the roses on top of the heart sachet
- Use embroidery floss and sew a simple outline stitch around the outer edge of heart
- On pieces of fiberfill add drops of lavender essential oil. Place these in your home dryer for a few minutes. You may also choose to use dried lavender in place of the fiberfill.
- When you have stitched 3/4 of the outline, stuff the heart with the lavender scented fiberfill.
- Complete outline stitch.
- Hang your sachet from a drawer pill or doorknob. You can even place it inside of drawer.
Give it away
The felt heart Valentine sachets also make terrific gifts!
In the above photo you can see the pretty pink heart that was machine sewn.
Personally, I love the homespun look of the hand-sewn heart.
They are all beautiful!
Let me know which one you will be crafting.
Don’t forget to Pin this to your favorite Pinterest Board!