Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
An easy DIY art canvas decoupage christmas ornament. Looks like a painting.
This is our fourth year participating in the blogger ornament exchange! A group of bloggers are paired up and we swap important key information about each other – such as our Christmas decor likes and dislikes.Based on this information, we create handmade ornaments for each other and mail them off in an exchange. That’s why this year I created a DIY art canvas decoupage Christmas ornament from a napkin. Let me tell you all about it!
I was partnered with Joann of My Slices of Life, who has an eclectic, traditional tree! Since this my style too, I was really excited to create three Art Canvas Decoupage Christmas Ornament for her tree – I hope she likes them!
It Starts with a Paper Napkin
The showcase of this Christmas ornament is a paper napkin. Have you had a really good look at paper napkins lately. Some of them are truly art pieces in and of themselves. Choosing a beautiful napkin is key to success. Also, you do not need to purchase an entire pack of napkins. Possibly you have some Christmas napkins leftover from last year – like the ones I used. Better yet, borrow a beautiful napkin from a friend’s party 😜
- Decorative paper napkins
- 4×4 inch miniature and flat art canvases
- Foam brush
- Scrap paper for the back of ornament
This is how to easily create your own Art Canvas Decoupage Christmas Ornament:
- Use decorative paper napkins and 4×4 miniature art canvas
- ModPodge and a foam paintbrush
- Pull apart the 3 layers of the napkin. It may seem like there are only 2 layers, but there really are 3. Discard all but the top layer – the decorative piece.
Now lets put it together
4. Cut the paper napkins into 4×4 squares.
5. Paint ModPodge onto the art canvas.
6. Place the cutout paper napkin square on top of the art canvas. Add more ModPodge on top. Let dry completely.
7. Cut ribbon to desired hanging length.
8. Cut a 4×4 piece of decorative paper to cover the back.
9. Use adhesive of your choice (hot glue, ModPodge) and glue the ribbon in a loop. Add the paper backing. Let dry completely.
Stand back and admire your creation!
The texture of the art canvas lends to the hand-painted effect.
I’m a softy for vintage postmarks too!
These ornaments are so pretty. I couldn’t resist making a few extra as gifts for friends.
Please be sure to visit Joann at My Slices of Life and the beautiful ornament that she created for me!
I’ll be sharing this ornament as well!
Don’t forget to Pin this to your favorite Pinterest Board!
This year, we have 38 talented bloggers sharing their Christmas ornament tutorials and helping to host the handmade ornament exchange link party! Click THIS link or the photo below to take you to lots of other Christmas ornament inspiration! You can share your handmade ornaments too!