Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and Rewards Style influencer we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Welcome To Our Third Annual Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop! Our family room is decked out with a red plaid Christmas tree.
The fun starts today and continues tomorrow. It’s the third year of the Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop hosted by Our Crafty Mom, Michelle. We look forward to it every year and we know that you do too! This year there are 40 beautiful Christmas trees – inspiration for every design style! Our red plaid Christmas tree is a new favorite! Let’s get started!
Mad for Plaid
The family room, red plaid Christmas tree is slightly skinny and humble due to space constraints. Do you have this problem too? A skinny tree is perfect for a small space.
In order to pump-up the tree and make it seem larger, I used 3 different types of plaid ribbon. Buffalo plaid, tartan plaid and traditional plaid.The ribbon is looped and nestled in between the branches.
Traditional ornaments were added to the tree. Farm animals, handmade ornaments and more.
Antique Christmas postcards from 1880 to 1910 were placed on tree branches.
This sweet Santa has always been one of my favorites.
Art canvas decoupage ornaments were easy to make. You can see the tutorial HERE.
Plush Santa came from the dollar store and I think he’s a perfect addition.
Seasonal sentiments are favorites as well.
I hope that you have been inspired by my red plaid Christmas tree. Now, let’s see what the other designers have created for their homes!
Let’s Meet The Hosts!
- Christmas Home Tour from Kippi at Home
- Christmas Tree With Traditional And Rustic Colors from Tribe of Burton
- Blue and White Chinoiserie Holiday Tree from Simple Nature Decor
- Colorful White Christmas Tree from Creative Ramblings
- A Farmhouse Style Christmas Tree from Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Christmas Trees 2019 from Virginia Sweet Pea
- Red Plaid Christmas Tree from 2 Bees in a Pod
- Christmas Tree Decor from Create and Babble
- DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree from To Work with My Hands
- How To Decorate A Rustic Neutral Christmas Tree from One Thousand Oaks
- Simple and Elegant Country Class Christmas Tree Redneck Rhapsody
- Traditional Family Christmas Tree from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Christmas Tree Inspiration Ideas from My Life On Kaydeross Creek
- How To Put Ribbon On A Christmas Tree from Upright and Caffeinated
- Beautiful Minimal Christmas Tree Decor from Sonya Burgess
- Christmas Tree Ideas from Welcome to the Woods
- Christmas Tree Decor from Teadoddles
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Celebrate and Decorate
- Rustic Plaid Woodland Christmas Tree from Zucchini Sisters
- A Buffalo Check Flocked Christmas Tree from Weekend Craft
- Cozy Minimal Christmas Tree from Northern Feeling
- A Peppermint Striped Christmas Tree from County Road 407
- Elegant Flocked Christmas Tree With Blue and Silver from Our Crafty Mom
- Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold and Copper from Across the Boulevard
- Mini Beachmas Tree from My Pinterventures
- Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree from Intelligent Domestications
- Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree from Modern on Monticello
- Christmas Tree Decor from Southern Yankee DIY
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from First Day of Home
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from From House to Home
- Christmas Tree Home Tour from Just That Perfect Piece
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Farmhouse Inspired Christmas Tree from Daily DIY Life
- Decorated Flocked Christmas Tree With Homemade Ornaments from Thrifted Nest