Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Make Your Own Disinfectant Cleaning Wipes
What a difference a week makes. I never would have dreamt that in my lifetime there would be a shortage of toilet paper, paper towels and cleaning products! This is the perfect time to show you how to make your own disinfectant cleaning wipes.
Personally, I have been making my own cleaning supplies for several years now. I got tired of the toxic and un-pronounceable ingredients as well as the expense. With a just few ingredients from my home pantry I can create a multitude of cleaners.
Even though I didn’t follow the droves of people to hoard household items, I completely understand the panic. This can be a scary and unsettling time. If you were left high-and-dry in the household disinfectant wipe aisle, I’ve got you covered.
Vinegar on its own is a wonderful household cleaner, especially for glass or countertops. It can also kill bacteria, prevent mold and kill germs.
With the addition of rubbing alcohol, it becomes a winning combination of antibacterial germ fighters.
This is How you do it
- Paper towel roll (I use half sheets by Bounty)
- Sharp knife
- 1/2 cup distilled or cleaning vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol 70-91% (I used 91%)
- 1 teaspoon liquid Dawn dish soap
- 10 drops essential oil (optional)
- Cut the paper towels in half using a sharp cutlery knife or an Exacto knife., Squeeze the paper towels in to the container.
- Mix together the vinegar, dish soap, rubbing alcohol, and water in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- *Optional* Add 10 drops of essential oil to the wipes. This boosts its antibacterial powers. (I used Young Living Pine)
- Carefully pour the liquid over the paper towels. Once the paper towels are saturated, carefully remove the cardboard center.
- Pull a paper towel from the middle as your starter cleaning wipe.
- Keep wipes covered when not in use.
- clean coffee can with lid
- large mason jar with wide mouth opening
- empty wipes container (just refill with the new recipe)
- an XO container like THIS one
Easy peasy. Now you can sanitize and disinfect your home. I hope that you will now make cleaning disinfectant wipes for you home. Do you make any home cleaning products?
Let’s pinky-swear-promise to remain calm through the coming weeks. We are going to be just fine!
Don’t forget to Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board!