Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
This super cute Naughty or Nice Christmas ornament can also be used as a gift tag.
Friends, welcome to another installation of At Home DIY. This week it’s all about DIY Christmas Ornaments. Our Naughty or Nice Christmas Ornament was inspired by something we saw in a gift shop. Those ornaments were $11.00 each! We decided to create something similar for a lot less.
Most of these supplies were already in our craft stash.
- Rectangular shaped wood. You could even use a paint stir stick.
- White Paint
- Black Paint
- Sharpie pen or marker
- Stamp Letters
- Red ink pad
- Jute Twine
- Rusty Bells
How to Make a Naughty or Nice Christmas Ornament:
- Use white paint to paint the rectangular piece of wood. Let dry completely.
- Use a black Sharpie pen or marker to trace out 2 small black squares and one large black square.
- Use black paint to paint the black squares. Let dry completely.
- Add another coat of black paint. Let dry completely.
- Using small letter stamps and red ink – stamp out the words “Naughty” and “Nice” above the small black squares.
- Drill a small hole at the center, top of wood rectangle.
- Thread a piece of jute twine with a rusty bell through the hole.
Your painting skills do NOT need to be perfect. This lends to the overall rustic look of the ornament.
They are so cute! Perfect for the tree or as a gift tag!
We hope that you are inspired to make ornaments for your tree as well!
Don’t forget to Pin this to Your favorite Pinterest Board!
Click the link below to take to lots more ornaments and creativity!