Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Yummy glazed pumpkin spice donut muffins!
What do you do when you have a craving for donuts, but you don’t have a donut pan? Last week this was the dilemma in our household. I realize there are much bigger issues than this LOL. But when I want a donut, I want a donut. So I decided to try one of my favorite recipes in a different way and it totally worked. Here’s how I made glazed pumpkin spice donut muffins.
It’s All about that Base
Being that this is a cake based donut recipe, there was never any frying involved like a lot of other donut recipes. I was fairly confident that baking the ingredients as muffins would work just as well. Luckily for me, I was right.
They were as easy to make as muffins, but more delicious in my opinion.
- For the Muffins:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1¼ cups canned pumpkin puree - NOT pie filling
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin pan. I used Butter Pam.
- Make the Muffins: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and pumpkin; set aside.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Reduce the mixer speed to low, then Alternate adding the flour mixture and then the pumpkin mixture, beating until they are combined. Do not over-mix.Using a spatula, mix my hand and scrape the bowl to be sure that all of the dry ingredients are combined
- Divide the batter evenly for 12 muffins.Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Let the muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the Glaze: Use a wire whisk and mix the confectioners sugar,butter, milk and vanilla. Mix until the glaze is free of lumps.After the muffins have cooled,drizzle with the vanilla glaze.
Check your muffins at 20 minutes just in case your oven bakes more quickly.
Plus, it’s so much fun to add the glaze to each muffin. Just drizzle with a fork or a spoon over each one. You decide how much – or little you want to glaze.
Needless to say, I like to add enough glaze so that it can drizzle just a little down the sides.
The hardest part was waiting for the muffins to cool so that I could add the glaze. This is definitely a necessary step that you don’t want to skip. Otherwise the glaze will melt down inside the muffin and make it gooey and seem raw – nobody wants that to happen.
Honey Bee and I were both very happy with how these glazed pumpkin spice donut muffins turned out. Very moist, delicious and they disappeared within no time! They were perfect with morning time coffee and in the evening with milk.
We hope that you try them and think that they are delicious too!
Don’t forget to Pin this to your Favorite Pinterest Board!