Add a bit of the season to your dining room by decorating chair backs for Christmas.
Right now my house seems to have a split personality. Most of it is decorated in full-on red plaid as if Santa’s coming to town any minute. The other part has family Thanksgiving recipes scattered about as I ready my grocery list for our big family gathering. Such is the life of a blogger or someone decorating early for Christmas. If you want to ease into your holiday decor, decorating chair backs for Christmas is a great place to start.
It’s All About the Ring
Typically my dining room chairs have always gotten some special treatment during the holidays. My new dining chairs have the perfect brass ring just waiting for embellishment. You can decorate wooden chair backs with this same method.
All you need
- 2 ½ inch wide wire ribbon of your color/pattern choice. 1 yard of ribbon per chair.
- Miniature wreaths that are 4 to 6 inches in size
Put it Together:
- Cut 1½ yards of ribbon per chair. You can use less ribbon for shorter placement.
- Even slip ribbon through the wreath
- Wrap ribbon around ring or chair and let slack down to desired wreath placement on chair
- Tie a gentle knot
- Make a bow
- Cut each ribbon end. I prefer points.
- Fluff ribbon
This is such a simple addition but it adds so much charm and detail to the dining room.
I remember several years ago,one of my nephews was much younger than his current teens. When it was time to eat Christmas dinner at my house he proclaimed “whoa – I get to sit in a fancy chair”. LOL.
Decorating chair backs for Christmas does make them look “fancy” but not stuffy. Honestly this is the only thing you would have to decorate in your dining room to make an impact for the holidays.
What do you think? Decorate your chairs – yes or no? We would love to know! If you do – here are some suggestions:
Don’t Forget to Pin this to your Favorite Pinterest Board!