Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
We’re back…we trust that your holidays were as wonderful, fun, meaningful and love-filled as ours. We were so fortunate to have this time to be with our family and friends.
It was NO fun taking all of the Christmas decor down yesterday (as we have been out of town) but once it was all put away the house felt more open and fresh. I sort of feel the same way. I’m ready for a fabulous 2014 and excited to see what the new year brings!
Choosing my new calendar/planner was the first order of business. I love looking for the perfect planner – like a kid picking out new school shoes and school supplies. I prefer a calendar that shows the entire month.
And I can’t live without my blogger planner- you can read about it here.
Every New Year I make resolutions for the year. When I was younger, I never really stuck to these resolutions – I was too busy, the resolutions weren’t authentic to where I was in my life at the time and I guess I just didn’t think they were important. As I have gotten older and wiser my New Years Resolutions mean something to me and I really strive to accomplish my goals for the year.
One big accomplishment for Jennifer and I in 2013 was starting this blog…and I am so happy and proud that we did! I love sharing this creative outlet with my daughter Jennifer- my Little Bee. We are so blessed and thrilled that you read along each day – we have especially loved hearing from you about projects that you have done from our site. Our readers were inspired to paint wooden furniture, make Mercury glass pieces, cook with our recipes and sew crafts.
In keeping with our blog and DIY, home decor, cooking, antiquing, vintage finding…well, you get the idea, my resolutions are a reflection of all of that.
- Continue my healthy journey. In 2013 I lost 30 pounds and I vow to lose more weight.
- Cook more – eat out less
- Shop at the Farmers Market – even though it is not convenient.
- Organize closets and drawers. Purge and donate. This is a “Dirty Little Secret” of mine. My home always looks great – but do not open a closet or a drawer.
- The laundry room and garage can no longer be dumping zones. These two rooms are a mess.
- Paint our master bedroom, master bathroom and sitting room. Update bathroom fixtures.
- Figure out a master plan for the master bedroom closet.
- Collaborate with other new bloggers like us.
- Work with an experienced blogger to gain valuable knowledge of the blog world.
- Attend a blog conference