Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Crock pot buffalo chicken dip is easy to make and delicious to eat!
I am always on the hunt for easy and delicious recipes. At this time of year, I especially love dips and appetizers. They are perfect for football-watching snacks, family gatherings or party bites. Making crock pot buffalo chicken dip couldn’t be easier! Thanks to my friend Linda for this yummy recipe!
By now you know that I love buffalo-chicken-anything. LOL
Other Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken WonTon Cups
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Crock Pot
This couldn’t be any easier. Just add all of the ingredients to your crock pot and turn on the heat. Within just a few minutes, the cheese will be melted and creamy.
Here’s the super easy recipe:
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk rand or blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo style hot sauce - I like Frank's
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cans (12.5 oz) Swanson's chicken breast, drained
- Turn the crock pot onto the high setting
- Cut the cream cheese into about 8 pieces and add to the crock pot.
- Once the cream cheese begins to melt a little bit, add all of the other ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the cheeses have melted and the dip is bubbling. This takes about 10-20 minutes depending on your crock pot.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Garnish with green onions or fresh parsley.
- Serve with Fritos, tortilla chips or crackers.
- You can also serve with celery sticks.
This crock pot buffalo chicken dip is delicious and so easy to make. Feel free to adjust for your taste preference. Add more cheese, buffalo sauce or chicken.
You may use rotisserie chicken or other cooked chicken.
Taste-testing is very important. LOL Once the cheeses have melted, I really do a taste test. Sometimes I add a little more cheese and buffalo sauce.
What do you serve with crock pot buffalo chicken dip?
I love eating this dip with Frito Scoops corn ships. It is also delicious with tortilla chips, crackers or celery sticks.
When serving this for guests, I garnish with slices of green onion or chopped fresh parsley. If I make this for just Honey Bee and I, I definitely skip the garnish.
Why use the crock pot?
You can absolutely bake this recipe in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. I prefer using the crock pot for a couple of reasons.
- Just dump everything in the crock pot and heat.
- This is a dip that is best served hot. The crock pot keeps the dip heated for your family or gathering. Baking it in the oven, the dip begins to cool down immediately.
I love buffalo chicken wings, but they can be messy to make. With this dip, it takes care of that flavor craving without the mess.
I hope that you give this recipe a try! Do you like to use your crock pot for cooking?