Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Rewards Style influencer and Jane Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
I am always looking for easy, delicious and quick dinner recipes. This baked tomato and feta pasta dish is perfect.
Way back to last year, this recipe was a TikTok sensation. The video went viral, as I guess a lot of us were looking for new dinner recipes. It didn’t even have a name. I’ve tweaked it a little bit and added a few extra ingredients to my tastes. Baked tomato and feta pasta is now a regular addition on my meal rotations.
Wish I could remember
I don’t know who the original TikTok poster was. Honestly, I was brand new on TikTok and not all that familiar with how things worked. LOL Since that time many people have re-created the dish. There wasn’t even really a recipe – just a guy dumping ingredients into a pan, while I took notes. This is my rendition of what he made, and dare I say a bit better with my additional ingredients and measurements.
Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta
Simple, quick and delicious. This tomato and feta pasta is the perfect meal. Creamy sauce packed with lots of flavor!
- 2 pints fresh cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 8 oz block of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more to drizzle over feta
- salt and pepper to tase
- 1 TBS fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, crushed
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pound of pasta, cooked - I used rotini
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and dry 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- Add tomatoes to a 13x9 pan
- Drizzle tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil
- Season to your taste with salt and pepper
- Nestle an 8 oz block of feta cheese in the middle of the tomatoes
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Tomatoes will blister and cheese will start to brown.
- While this is baking, cook pasta according to package directions. Mince fresh garlic and measure out fresh basil (lightly crush by hand) and spinach.
- Once tomatoes and feta are cooked, carefully remove from oven.
- Immediately stir tomatoes and feta together to form a sauce.
- Add fresh garlic, basil and spinach and stir till blended.
- Add drained, hot pasta one cup at a time. OR pour sauce over pasta.
- Serve immediately.
Our family likes our pasta fairly saucy. We tend to add less pasta to this recipe. Feel free to add as much or as little pasta to suit your taste.
I just love a one dish meal. It saves so much time in the kitchen, not to mention that cleanup is a breeze.
Jenn and I been visiting a local roadside stand that has had the best tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peaches and more. Fresh is definitely best!
I hope that you give this delicious recipe a try. Let us know what you think.