Please note that this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and Rewards Style influencer we earn from qualifying purchases and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Yummy Pecan Tassies – Another Holiday Favorite
Hi, friends! I am so happy to share another Christmas treat. Yummy pecan tassies – another holiday favorite!
Last week I shared my absolute favorite Christmas cookie, Mom’s Snowball Cookies. A very close second are my mother’s yummy pecan tassies. They are like miniature pecan pies – only better!
This recipe was given to my mom in the early 1960’s – and she didn’t recall who gave it to her. Our family is grateful that she had it. The Christmas before I got married, I remember doing a lot of baking. Yummy Pecan Tassies are another must-have holiday favorite.
My sentimental, sappy self even documented the moment on the back of my handwritten recipe card.
Again, mom always stressed using the freshest ingredients. Fresh pecans are absolutely delicious!
I was disappointed to discover that my local grocery store no longer carries the 3 0z sized block of cream cheese. Who knows, maybe Kraft doesn’t make that size anymore. Last year I found it easily.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick of butter, softened - PLUS 1 TBS melted butter
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- With an electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup butter and the cream cheese until smooth. Add the flour and beat until fully combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Shape the chilled dough into 24 balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Using your thumb, press each ball into a cup of the muffin pan, spreading evenly and up the sides, then spoon 1 teaspoon of the pecans into each muffin cup. Fill each cup with the egg mixture until evenly distributed, about 1 teaspoon in each. Sprinkle more chopped pecans on top. Bake until the filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, and then remove from the muffin pan.
Pecan tassies are so delicious – it’s hard not to eat them the second I pull them from the oven. Letting them cool down takes great restraint LOL
Sweet, flaky, creamy and nutty goodness!
I’m sharing the recipe as I make them now. The original recipe called for a tablespoon of margarine. I have replaced this with butter. Pecan Tassies are the perfect Christmas treat. They have a flakey crust with a sweet creamy filling.Trust us – you’re going to want to double this recipe!
There might be a few of these already gone. I’m blaming it on Honey Bee!
I hope that you will try our Yummy Pecan Tassies! Do you have a family favorite Christmas cookie or treat? We’d love to hear about it!
Don’t forget to Pin this to your favorite Pinterest Board!