Hey y’all…Even though Summer officially starts on June 20th, for our family it begins Memorial Weekend.
Without fail, every year at the end of the season we proclaim “Where did the Summer go?” This year we are determined to be prepared and have some set-in-stone plans that we can all do together. Our goals are simple…spend time together throughout the Summer, have lots of fun and create as many memories as possible. We thought that by creating a Summer Bucket List it would serve as a guide and a reminder of what we want to accomplish this year. We want to recreate snippets of our childhood’s – when life was simple and carefree.
We are so excited to see and experience what the Summer brings!
Summer Bucket List
- Have a picnic on the lawn
- Fly a kite
- Catch lightning bugs
- Jump in the lake as often as possible
- Read at least 3 books – (What do y’all recommend?)
- Paint on canvas
- Light up some sparklers
- Take a cooking class
- Shop local farmer’s markets
- Work on our tans
- Make a new Summer recipe every week
- Eat as many fresh, homegrown tomatoes as humanly possible
- Take a road trip on a country back road
- Look at old family photos
- Attend a sunflower festival
- Watch fireworks
- Entertain at home at least 2 times
- Stargaze and look for shooting stars
- Create and perfect a family salsa recipe
- Go to an outdoor concert
- Make homemade peach ice cream
- Watch the sunset
- Play card games
- Put together a puzzle
- Get a bright and colorful manicure
- Spend lazy days with friends and no plans at all
- Capture it all
What are your Summer plans?