Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spiced Muffins…

When Fall finally comes to town, I embrace it fully.  I love it all…the colors of the changing leaves, pumpkins, scarecrows,  fires in the fireplace, cool clear days, spiced cider and don’t even mention Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spiced Latte.   I really love to cook and fluff my nest at this time of year. Baking Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spiced Muffins signals the beginning of the Fall season. This post contains affiliate links.

I was looking through the Weight Watchers recipe site for a Fall treat and came across a recipe that seemed too good to be true – Fall Pumpkin Spiced Muffins.  Sounds great, right?  It gets even better – there are only three ingredients to make this recipe.

These are all of the ingredients that you need for these delicious Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Unbelievable, right?  I certainly thought this recipe was too good to be true.  I had the ingredients in my pantry courtesy of my grocery store, Publix, had buy-one-get-one-free Duncan Hines cake mix special 🙂

I feel silly including a recipe card for three ingredients but here goes…

Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spiced Muffins…

Yield: 24 Muffins

Serving Size: 1 Muffin

Ingredients

• 1 - 18 ounce box spice cake mix
  • 15 ounce can of pumpkin
  • 1 cup water

Instructions

Preheat over to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients in mixer.

Pour batter into muffin tins.

Bake 20-25 minutes

These muffins are very moist - I promise

Each Pumpkin Spice Muffin is 2 Points Per Value on the Weight Watchers program.

I was very skeptical about this recipe…no oil? no eggs?  How could the muffins possibly be tasty and moist?  I forged ahead figuring how bad could the muffins be?  I put the three ingredients in the mixer…you can find the mixer here.

Pumpkin Spiced Muffins - ingredients in the mixer

…and mixed the batter very well until there were no lumps.

Mix the Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spiced Muffin mixture until smoothI had forgotten that I had these cute Fall muffin tins that I purchased a few years ago.  They were boxed up with my Fall decorations. You can order the muffin tins at Amazon here.

Cute Fall muffin pans

I did not need to coat my pans with cooking spray, as they are non-stick.  You may want to coat your pans – depending on the type that you have.  Now, all set to bake in the oven.

Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spiced Muffins - ready for the oven

The house smelled so good while these were baking.  The spices permeated the house and filled it with a sense of the season. Twenty minutes later – I had golden brown goodness.

Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spiced Muffins - moist and delicious !

Not only are the muffins very easy to make – they truly are super moist and delicious.  I recalculated the recipe in my Weight Watcher Kitchen Companion to confirm the correct points value.  Each muffin is only 2PPV on the Weight Watchers program.  My Honey Bee is my true taste-tester.  He loved them and he thought they were of the filled with fat variety.  He couldn’t stop talking about how delicious they were.  I even caught him trying to grab another one when he thought I wasn’t looking 🙂

Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spiced Muffins - moist and delicious!Just a little bit of the Fall season from our kitchen to yours…Happy Fall Y’all !! Get your own Fall dishtowel here.

Moist and delicious - Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spiced Muffins

For your convenience, here is a shopping guide for the items used:

Pumpkin Spice Muffins - Weight Watcher Friendly. Only a couple of ingredients for these moist, delicious muffins.

Comments

1. M. B. says

I have made this recipe twice. The first time we went up in the mountains and all I had were two round loaf pans. Oh my, we just couldn’t stop eating this. I then made them in muffin tins. The first batch was with walnuts, raisins and dried blueberries. The next batch was plain. All of them come out great. Moist!!!!! I could see walnuts and chocolate chips but I am trying to stay on the healthy side. Maybe a small batch at Thanksgiving with chocolate.

Thank you for an easy, delicious recipe.

• 2 Bees in a Pod says

Hey there M.B. –

We are thrilled that you tried the Pumpkin Spiced Muffins and that you found them to be as tasty as we did. We love all of your recipe variations and we are glad to know that the loaf pan method worked – can’t wait to try that ourselves! Thanks for dropping us a line…

Vicki and Jennifer
      2 Bees in a Pod

2. Linda Mack says

These muffins look delicious. Do you know how much sugar and how many carbs are in one helping?

3. says

Terrific article! That is the kind of information that are meant to be shared
    across the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!
    Come on over and talk over with my web site .
    Thanks =)

4. Cheryl says

I’ve made these before, but found your article as I was looking for the cook time. I didn’t realize they were so low-cal and WW friendly!!! I told my husband and he said “that means they will taste awful”. I happily proved him wrong! Love these!

5. Melanie says

I make these all the time because they are so easy and my family loves them. I have also added mini choc chips. Awesome!! Just gotta recalculate points.

6. Lisa woods says

Leave out the water… I have been making these for a long time. Just the cake mix, and can of pumpkin. I make them in a mini muffin pan and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes!!! They are delicious!!!

7. Ellen says

These are fabulous. I made them with a 1/2 cup of applesauce instead of the water. I didn’t add anything else to them, it made 24 muffins at 90 calories each. I did find that liked them much better cold then warm. If I was weren’t watching calories I would add cream cheese frosting!

8. Donna says

I love this recipe! I too make this without the water but wonder if the water would make it more moist. Hmm. Maybe next time.

We add a small spray of whipped cream on top for “icing” and it makes you feel like you are cheating without the points!

ENJOY!

9. Bree says

These are coming at the six point seeds on my weight Watchers app when I build the recipe, am I doing something wrong, I sure hope so cuz I made him and cannot wait to dive in lol.

10. Amanda says

So do you make the cake as directed, with eggs, oil etc and then add the pumpkin and water? Or do u just add the pumpkin and water to the dry cake mix?

Thanks:))

11. Howard says

Is thier a difference between Betty cricker and Duncan Hines aside from the weight contents? Also is a muffin 2 points on the new weight watchers program?

• says

Hey Howard! You should be okay using either brand of spice cake mix. To be honest, on the new points plus system, it is 0 points for 1 muffin when we put the ingredients in, but I would count them as at least 1 point.

Trackbacks